Thursday, January 24, 2013

Titles are ominous.

Well, well, well.

It's been awhile.

I suppose a small explanation of my absence is in order, but the truth is, I don't have one.

Anything I could come up with to say would either be unnecessary, excusatory, or both. What I will do is offer an explanation as to what has brought me back here.

In short, I began following a girl on Twitter who leads a wonderful project which, after poring over for hours with tears in my eyes and warmth in my heart, caused me to once again have the desire to speak up just a lil' bit. ;)

I've always been a strong believer in talking about the hard things, which is ironic seeing as how I rarely ever do it. The whole "I'll-do-it-if-you-will" mentality is nothing more than a hindrance if no one has the courage to stick their nose out there. So, here's my nose. Again.

If you're new here, I would suggest that you read the very first post written here. Because it was written in 2011 (apparently a rough time?), you may find it a bit rough around the edges. I like to think that I'm more gentle these days, but perhaps I'm not. :) In fact, I thought long and hard about erasing everything on here in some absurd attempt to......I don't know, polish my image?! I decided that not only would that be an issue of integrity, but it's also the very antithesis of what I'm trying to do here. Going back and reading those posts has allowed me to see change in myself, and/or lack thereof. To be honest, I still agree with most of the things I wrote back then. Not sure what that says about me, but we'll just have to explore that together, won't we. :)



Looking forward to sharing with and (especially) hearing from you.



~mm~


P.S. Fair warning, I use "which" a lot. I really am trying to stop.

1 comment: